11.01.2009

Boy oh Boy






You know there are a lot of things I have learned from dating. In fact its funny because sometimes I feel like I am dating the concept of dating. Did that make any sense? Alright just roll with it for a minute...
I am constantly breaking up and then getting back with DATING. I say how much I hate it and I am tired of it and then the next day I want to do it again. I mean dating in itself is like a bad relationship... no wonder I am confused! ( I really think I had an epiphany there) So although I have had some bad experiences with dating there is a lot I have also learned from each and every guy I have gone out with. I hesitate to put up names because heaven knows who reads this. So we will use nicknames instead. I was young the first time I fell in love. Which makes me question at times if it was really love, and although I think there is a lot more to love then I what I have experienced. I am okay with saying that I was in love as good as I could have been at that age. And just like every first love it had to end. And I remember feeling sadness and hurt in a way I had never felt before. But I grew up after that. And I look back years later and I see my life and I see his life and I am soo happy that he broke my heart. He taught me that I deserve better, and I learned how strong I was thanks to him. The next boy taught me who I did not want to be. I was in a very low point of my life and was very numb to feelings and reason.(That one was short) After that I met the 2nd love of my life. Whoever said love doesn't hurt has never been in a long distance relationship. I learned from him how much I am capable of loving no matter what. Through thick and thin I can hold on pretty tight. I also learned that I want someone who can show me that they love me back. I perform my best when I am praised and I just know that it is very important to have someone that shows appreciation back. I need someone that wants to be a team but still knows the importance of being who you are. Then there came lots of little lesson all at once. The next boy taught me how I should be held. Trivial as it sounds I remember just sitting there in his arms thinking, okay this is what it is supposed to feel like. He taught me that I don't have to settle for anything less what I deserve. Which brings us to today. I do not want to be someone that gets pickier with age but just reflecting on these things makes me understand why we need to date and also makes me very grateful that my culture does not participate in arranged marriages. Although I am getting to an age when my parents think it is necessary to intervene and "arrange" some dates. ha ha They even talked about double dating with me! Now there's a sight!

2 comments:

  1. oh, I would really enjoy it if you would double date with your parents ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I won't double date with you now, but someday you will WANT to double date with your parents! Mark my words!

    ReplyDelete