8.14.2012

I have a secret....

I have a secret little hobby I picked up right around the time I quit my full time corporate job to stay home and take care of my little dolly. I want to have a cute house but we became even poorer then we originally were (I really didn't think that was possible) so instead of going out and buying things that caught my eye I now have to make them. This isn't really too big of a problem for me because I love all things crafty, but I never realized (until Pinterest) how much I can really create and how easy it really is!


For my first big project I ventured out to our local DI and found these beauties:

I wish I could really show you all the awful stains on these babies. They were pretty rough and I seriously considered putting on gloves to my elbows before touching them. However after a little pep talk I put on my big girl panties and dug right in taking off the seat, ripping apart the fabric, and separating it from the foam. I unpicked the seams and made a pattern out of the original


From there it was easy! I lucked out because the original foam was miraculously still good so I picked out some cute canvas fabric from the store, cut out my pattern, sewed it up,fit it over the foam, and stapled it to the seat underneath. I also gave the legs a little TLC and gave them a fresh coat of paint. The results were just what I wanted and I couldn't be more proud!



1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness I love this!!! I would love to learn your ways some day :)

    ReplyDelete