8.14.2012

Is this work or play?.....

This is most definitely PLAY!

I was soo excited when this treasure was put in my garage that I started my project that night! I knew from this awesome blog
                       http://www.domesticimperfection.com/2012/05/paisley-stenciled-table/ 
 what I wanted to do and I was ready to put it into action. In fact I was soo excited I forgot to take a before picture so below is pretty much what my table looked like before I got my hands on it. 


First we primed the legs, and sanded the top. Then we painted the legs and let it dry overnight. All the fancy stencils online were around $50-- which was NOT in the budget, but I was able to find a cute one at Michael's that I like and with their 40% off coupon I scored it for $8! Then began the LONGEST 3 days of my life. Stenciling can be easy--- and can be hard. I bought a removable spray adhesive to help hold it in place. That helped a lot but there was still some bleeding. In the end I learned to just go very slow which was not easy for me because I wanted it done-- but it worked out.  below is the stenciling before I stained it.





I sanded the top a little bit just to make it smooth and even and then stained it! I cannot wait to put this in my kitchen! 

1 comment: