6.11.2009

Addicted


There are times in your life when you say out with the old and in with the new and I had one of those life changing moments about 6 weeks ago. I was tired of waiting for a phone call and I was tired of waiting for a man to love me enough to want to marry me after 4 years. I had also slowly given up having a life because I thought I had what I needed and wanted. Well one day it just hit me. I was going nowhere and my 4 years of waiting were going to turn into 5 and 6 years because I was too scared to let it go and let life happen. So I grew a pair and changed my life. I started hanging out with friends and picked up running as my release. I have always been intrigued with people that can run. I would look at them and think well it doesn't look hard....., but it doesn't really look like fun to be wheezing for breath either. But the part that really got me thinking was when running people would say I love running because my body just goes and never wants to stop.. I could go for days... and I'm thinking WHATEVER you liar. I've tried that running thing and I felt like I was gonna die. But then my brother Scott picked up running and he has been doing half marathons and such which makes me think well if he can do it I can, and I kinda want to do it with him. So I decided I would give it a try, plus I was now newly single and needed the exercise. So it has been a process and I do get frustrated but I think I might have found something I am now addicted to. I remember when I first ran a mile without stopping I almost cried because that is something that was unreachable not too long ago. I do need to learn to be patient because I push myself and I think if I ran one mile today I can do three tomorrow and I get mad when I get tired, but I will get there. My goal is to run a 10k by the end of August. And that might be a big goal but I am going to give it my best! Hopefully my body will let me accomplish what I couldn't have imagined doing 2 months ago. I feel like a new women. The weight isn't coming off quite as fast as I want it too but I am told it is because I am building muscle... well there can't be room for both fat and muscle so we are going to have to say goodbye to fat! You better believe I will be one of those girls running in a sports bra and a running skirt next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment