7.09.2009

Boy you better be scared because I am about to open up a can of whoopass!




Well this is a story I haven't told my mom,.... So mom if you read this I am sorry, but I know you don't sleep well as it is, and I didn't want to contribute to that more then I already do. Oh and I haven't bought mace yet... it's still on my to-do list....


Alrighty! Well I wasn't going to tell this story, but I made a commitment when I started this blog to write down all of my crazy adventures.. that I dont ask for. So the truth is I have lived in SLC city long enough it just wouldn't be the same without a creppy man story. So here goes. Oh and you should know that mentally I am very prepared to kick some butt if I have to. I am always ready! You have to be when you have luck like mine! So... I went on a run the other day and decided to run to my gym which is a couple miles down the street... downhill mind you. My brother let me borrow his fancy GPS watch so I could see my distance and pace. So I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to see exactly how far away the gym was. Plus I knew I was running downhill so I was excited for him to get "the watch" back and to see me run a 7 minute mile.. haha. Well I made it down to the gym in like 12 minutes and was way impressed. However, I was not so excited about working out and then running uphill home. Have you seen those hills downtown?! They are not your average hill.... they are mountains that made me question my initial idea of a fun run to the gym... actaully I was thinking..."Are you completely retarded Corinne! Now you have got to run up this thing because you have on "the watch" and it will tattle on you if you don't!" So I start my run back home and I am trucking along like a '47 chevy on the freeway. Well I pass some construction workers that were very helpful in telling me how nice my ass was.. I was thinking..Thank you very much! I'll take it!.. I have worked hard for this ass! With that motivation I was able to make it up the first hill to State Street! Go me! (slightly innapporproate I know, but honestly whatever works to get me movin that is my new motto!) So I decided to forget the watch for a block or two and give myself a pat on the back for the good work. Plus it was a hot day and I justified that I went to the gym AND ran.. doesn't take much to talk me into walking lol. Well I start jogging again and I see this tall black guy up ahead not moving, just standing in the middle of the sidewalk so as I get closer I decide to make eye contact so he knows I am not someone to mess with. ( I read that that is what you are supposed to do to get a description if you need one) I start to run around him and he grabs my hand and says it is his birthday and he wants to take me home. Well I was calm, which was interesting, and I politely ripped my hand away and said no thank you and ran home. So I actaully didn't think anything of the situation when it was happening. I was not scared or worried. I just got out of the situation and left, and then after I left is when I thought, "Hmmm that that was kinda scary!" Anyways so the good news this week kids is that I did not become a african bride. (Is that kosher to say? Oh well I am not politically correct) I do need to invest in some mace though.. because as much as I would like to kick someones butt and live to tell about it.... if they put me in a choke hold I need a back up. So maybe that will be my next purchase. Three things you should know about me though. Call them secret weapons if you will.....
* I have a mean kick to the groin thanks to a great older brother who taught me that along with other fighting moves.
*I can predict events and situations. It's okay you dont have to believe me. It's only sometimes, and mostly just my own, or if I know you really well. I should be part of the Cullen Family... I am surprised they havent asked yet
*I can run really really fast when I am scared. Like when I am running the half marathon I could probably set a world record if there was a giant spider chasing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment