7.22.2009

I love jerky, but only when it is beef.



I've been thinking about memories from my childhood. I seem to always have a story about some random thing that happened. The one that I have told a lot lately is one that has scarred me for life, and it quite possibly the reason I am against the sport of bunny hunting. Don't let anyone fool you, when they say bunny hunting it is not the same as worm hunting. You don't get to find cute bunnies and catch them to take them home. This is a cruel game where the sick minded think it is a sport to kill innocent, fuzzy, animals. This "sport" is usually only practiced in small towns where kids run out of things to do, and they all know how to use a gun. I swear there are more rednecks then you think living around us! Well the reason I bring this up is because my family didn't really have pets until I came along. I use to bring home all sorts of pets and pull cute faces until I got to keep them. One of the cooler pets I had were 2 bunnies. A black and a white one. They were the cutest little things and I had soo much fun showing them around to my friends. Occasionally my bunnies would get out of their cage and wander off to the neighbors yard and I would have to go find them and bring them home. Usually it was no big deal. Well one morning I woke up passed my dad making some sort of concoction in the kitchen and headed outside to go feed my bunnies, but they were not in their cage.... Great! They must have gotten out again! So I went back inside to see if my dad had seen them. He sadly told me that it had gotten really cold the night before and they had froze overnight and died. Of course I was devastated but I handled it pretty good. It helped that my dad was making some pretty good jerky that he let me try. Well years later my dad conscience gets the best of him and he decides to tell me the true story of the bunnies. turns out they had gotten out and a dog had mauled them. My dad found them and decided to see what bunny jerky would taste like. Yes that is correct! I was fed my pets as a child! I mean who eats their pets? Apparently I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment